[CentOS] rhel/centos alternative to logwatch?

Bob Hoffman bob at bobhoffman.com
Sun Apr 8 03:41:27 UTC 2012

On 4/7/2012 9:37 PM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> I will take a look and try to see if it will be easy to change the
>> postfix and dovecot. More than likely I will just tell them what it is
>> and 'good luck' at figuring it out..lol
> Only ignore what you encounter and deduce to be not important.
> Thats the premise on which this works, known bad _or_ unknown
> items are presented to you for you decide what to do.
>
>> So, thanks for the input. I will stick with logwatch and give it a go.
> Its really not that complicated, logwatch is pretty good at what it
> does. Post back with more questions if they arise...

Well. not sure about adding 7.4 yet, but I did go here
http://logreporters.sourceforge.net/
I added the postfix and postfix.conf files in their proper /etc/logwatch
folders.

7.4, due to licensing, has taken away the awesome postfix reporting that
is in 7.3. The files located at the above location will bring it all
back..and then some..lol

might try 7.4 out though.