[CentOS] Not Quite Minimal CentOS 6.2

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 06:02:49 UTC 2012

You're right. The stack was there.

First, I was inaccurate when I said I installed 6.2.  I actually installed 6.0, and later updated via yum.

Second, yeah I was able to start the network service, so there was a stack.  All I'd get would be the loopback or "lo" interface, but it was there.

But going into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts was a pain because there was no ifcfg-eth0 file I could play with.  That's when I gave up and re-installed, but added more stuff beyond "base" just to be sure.

As for not configuring the network during the install process, I was pretty sure I had.  For some reason it didn't take.  Maybe I didn't click a save box when I should have.  I don't know.
    === Al