[CentOS] Not Quite Minimal CentOS 6.2

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Apr 26 12:34:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:02:49PM -0700, Al Sparks wrote:

> You're right. The stack was there.
>
> First, I was inaccurate when I said I installed 6.2.  I actually installed 6.0, and later updated via yum.
>
> Second, yeah I was able to start the network service, so there was a stack.  All I'd get would be the loopback or "lo" interface, but it was there.
>
> But going into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts was a pain because there was no ifcfg-eth0 file I could play with.  That's when I gave up and re-installed, but added more stuff beyond "base" just to be sure.
>
> As for not configuring the network during the install process, I was pretty sure I had.  For some reason it didn't take.  Maybe I didn't click a save box when I should have.  I don't know.

My recollection (from installing 6.0 a couple times) is that even if you
check the aforementioned checkbox during the install, once you're done, the
network is not (properly) configured. I think there's a bug on that in the
"upstream" bugzilla.

I do believe it has been fixed in 6.2, though.

(this is all from memory, I didn't look it up, so YMMV.)

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.