[CentOS] XEN or KVM - performance/stability/security?

Mon Apr 23 20:11:08 UTC 2012
aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com>

On Apr 23, 2012, at 4:01 PM, Peter Peltonen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM, aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I also prefer KVM over Xen, mainly I don;t have to do anything special when maintaining the env.
>>
>> But I haven't notice an improvement over Xen.
>>
>> I really like the fact that the guest OS has a stock kernel, etc..
>
> I do not quite see how Xen requires one to do something special for
> maintenance?

Regarding Centos 6 there are some extra things to install.

Even when I deviated from the included version of Xen in 5, I had to pay special attention.

As for stock kernels, you mean HVMs right?

I was speaking more about PVMs which is faster and more flexible then HVMs.

I never had any issues with Xen other then VGA and USB pass through.

But Xen ran well for me.

As for convenience, I'm into KVM now, very cool features with pass throughs, graphics etc...

- aurf