[CentOS] server fails to boot GRUB and flashing cursor

Dan Carl danc at bluestarshows.com
Mon Aug 13 21:17:33 UTC 2012

On 8/13/2012 4:07 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> You said this had RAID5: what's the o/p of cat /proc/mdstat?\
>> Its a hardware raid5 perc.
>> I cannot mount the boot partition sda1.
>> sda3 mounts fine this is where the OS is.
>> What to do?
> What kind of error do you get when you try to mount sda1?   Is it
> something fsck will fix?   You need to load the kernel and initrd from
> there.

#mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt/myboot
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1,
        missing codepage or other error
        dmesg | tail  or so

I have nothing in my boot directory. Will I have to reload the kernel
and grub?

ran fsck got
Superblock has an invalid ext3 journal (inode 8).
Clear<y>?

Should I select Y?
Thanks
Dan