[CentOS] compare zfs xfs and jfs o

Sun Aug 5 09:50:20 UTC 2012
Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de>

Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro> wrote:

> On 04.08.2012 20:32, Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> > Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> > ZFS is the best I know for filesystems >= 2 TB and in case you need
> > flexible
> > snapshots. ZFS has just one single problem, it is slow in case you
> > ask it to
> > verify a stable FS state, UFS is much faster here, but this ZFS
> > "problem" is
> > true for all filesystems on Linux because of the implementation of
> > the Linux
> > buffer cache.
>
> Given your expertise then, can you say how mature/stable/usable is ZFS
> on Linux, specifically CentOS?
> That's what everybody is probably most interested in.

ZFS is stable on FreeBSD since aprox. 3 years.

ZFS itself is also stable.

I cannot speak for the stability of Linux, but I've read that there is a group
that works on a ZFS integration. The problem in this area is that Linux comes
with a very limited VFS interface and porters would either need to reduce ZFS
functionality or ignore the VFS interface from Linux.

Jörg