[CentOS] How to configure sendmail

Mon Dec 3 00:29:37 UTC 2012
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 12/2/2012 3:52 PM, Harold Pritchett wrote:
> Why?  Once upon a time, many years ago, I tried postfix.  I ended up removing it and installing sendmail.  I've been using sendmail since the early 1980's, when we were running the Eric Allman code from UCB on a VAX 780 under BCD Unix.  And, yes, I recognize this as a religious topic and I'm not trying to start a flame war.  Why, in your opinion, is postfix superior to sendmail.

you are a sendmail expert.     I too have been using sendmail for
umpteen years (since the early 90s with UUCP, anyways), and feel
comfortable in it, and haven't to date been willing to put in the effort
to switch..

The OP, on the other hand, appears to be a novice ("To date I have not
had to configure sendmail since I use a class in PHP that is straight,
however I am learning how to use Concrete5 for my local Rotary club and
it apparently needs sendmail....").     I'd suggest postfix because its
configuration interface is cleaner and simpler (the whole .mc -> .cf
thing in sendmail is truly arcane).