[CentOS] How to configure sendmail

Mon Dec 3 19:13:38 UTC 2012
Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>

On 12/2/2012 3:52 PM, Harold Pritchett wrote:

> you are a sendmail expert.     I too have been using sendmail for
> umpteen years (since the early 90s with UUCP, anyways), and feel
> comfortable in it, and haven't to date been willing to put in the effort
> to switch..
>
> The OP, on the other hand, appears to be a novice ("To date I have not
> had to configure sendmail since I use a class in PHP that is straight,
> however I am learning how to use Concrete5 for my local Rotary club and
> it apparently needs sendmail....").     I'd suggest postfix because its
> configuration interface is cleaner and simpler (the whole .mc -> .cf
> thing in sendmail is truly arcane).

I agree.  When first trying to configure sendmail years ago, I remember how painful it was.  "Giving birth to a flaming porcupine", comes to mind.
Postfix is about as easy as I was always thinking sendmail should be.

Now if only they'd do something like that for BIND...

If life gives you lemons, keep them-- because hey.. free lemons.
"♥ Sticker" fixer:  http://microflush.org/stuff/stickers/heartFix.html