[CentOS] Samba server choices

Wed Dec 5 19:29:36 UTC 2012
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

>> Look at ClearOS.  I haven't used it beyond installing in a test VM,
>> but it looks like it would be a suitable SME replacement with a more
>> up to date code base.
>

> What distro is it based on? A quick browse through the website did not yield
> this info. I am going to have to get on their forums to see if they can
> provide my Win server needs, which are not so much...

The previous version was based on CentOS 5 code.  I believe that for
the current version they did their own RHEL rebuild due to the delays
in the Centos release - and ended up taking even longer.

> As for mail, I will have to look at it. I looked at Zarafa a couple years
> ago, and can't remember why I rejected it.

I haven't looked that recently - the older versions used postfix with
cyrus or dovecot - and you could do a certain amount of fiddling with
the underlying configs yourself.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com