[CentOS] web mail and Squirrelmail

Wed Dec 19 14:22:29 UTC 2012

SilverTip257 wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr> wrote:
>> On 19/12/2012 9:43 πμ, M. Fioretti wrote:
>>
>> I have used Horde (in test mode, not in production) and it is good, but
>> we had various issues, esp. when working with mobile devices. A bit
>> complex in configuring / maintaining.
>
> Our webmail system at work runs the Horde framework/suite.  I primarily
> use mail and don't fuss with the calendar and other features.  But
> then again I have my email client set up to do everything else and pull
> my mail via IMAP.
>
>> We are currently still using SquirrelMail. I hate the GUI
>> (aesthetically), but it works well and there are plugins for about
>> everything one would ask. If only someone could create a nice
>> contemporary GUI (HTML 5) for it!

My hosting provider added ensignia ? as a new interface to squirrelmail
(no clue, haven't bothered to look into it), wish it wouldn't try to load
all of sent if you go to look at sent, other than that, what's
"unaesthetic" about it? Why do I *need* a New Flashy/non-flash GUI? What
reason for a change, other than you being bored easily?

> I agree -- a face lift for Squirrel Mail would be nice and welcomed by
> many!

And greeted with serious annoyance by more.

> Though it would probably be best to add some Ajax calls so the end user
> doesn't continually see the refresh on post back.

Oh, Right. Another fad language load o' crap, to make it more unstable,
and less secure....
<nsip>

       mark, missing elm, hates that thunderbird *still* formats text
              even when you told it to display in plain text