[CentOS] Experience with postfixadmin with mysql?

Wed Dec 26 16:14:13 UTC 2012

On 12/26/2012 10:41 AM, me at tdiehl.org wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2012, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> My first time with this.  I got postfix, mysql, and postfixadmin setup,
>> generally following
>>
>> http://www.campworld.net/thewiki/pmwiki.php/LinuxServersCentOS/Cent6VirtMailServer
>>
>> I used postfixadmin to create my domain then added my first user and got
>> an error:
>>
>> Send Welcome mail: yes
>>
>> Unable to send email!
>> The mailbox has been added to the mailbox table, but none (or only some)
>> of the predefined sub-folders could be created (faxit at test.htt-consult.com)
>>

>> There is nothing under /home/vmail (in postfix/main.cf:
>> virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail)
>>
>> Advise on where to start troubleshooting?
> The logs, clues if not the actual solution will most likely be found there.

nothing in /var/log/messages.  Nothing in that directory updated at the
time of the attempted add.  Where else do I look for logs used by
postfixadmin and the other related apps?

>> Perhaps a password or permissions not right?
> Maybe maybe not. There is no way to tell from the information you provide.
> You have to help yourself before anyone here can help you.

I did not find anything informative.  No logs that I saw being updated.
Thus the ask for help where to troubleshoot.

I suspect that some common log that is not where I would think to look
for was what I need to see.