[CentOS] Experience with postfixadmin with mysql?

Wed Dec 26 17:39:24 UTC 2012

On 12/26/2012 12:01 PM, me at tdiehl.org wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2012, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>> The logs, clues if not the actual solution will most likely be found
>>> there.
>>
>> nothing in /var/log/messages.  Nothing in that directory updated at
>> the time of the attempted add.  Where else do I look for logs used by
>> postfixadmin and the other related apps?

>>> Maybe maybe not. There is no way to tell from the information you
>>> provide.
>>> You have to help yourself before anyone here can help you.
>>
>> I did not find anything informative.  No logs that I saw being
>> updated.  Thus the ask for help where to troubleshoot.
>>
>> I suspect that some common log that is not where I would think to
>> look for was what I need to see.
>
> Nope, no common log!! Just mysql, postfix, http. dovecot and
> amavis-new logs.
> Turn up logging. Most likely the answer is there. (hint none of what I
> suggested logs to /var/log/messages). Keep in mind all pfa is, is a
> web app.
> When configured correctly, it knows how to talk to all of the associated
> components but logging is still to the native logs of each of the
> respective
> components.
>
> When I am setting up a new instance of pfa I generally turn mysql,
> dovecot
> and amavisd-new logging up so that I can see any errors. Running
> something like
> tail -F /var/log{messages,maillog,mysqld.log,httpd/*,maillog} should
> get you
> enough information for you to be able to see what is going on.

I think I found the smoking gun in /var/log/httpd/error_log:

[Tue Dec 25 15:41:29 2012] [error] [client ::1] Could not log into
IMAP/POP server: Can't connect to localhost.localdomain,143: Permission
denied, referer:
http://localhost/mailadmin/create-mailbox.php?domain=test.htt-consult.com

Probably need a firewall rule for this port.  Probably an selinux policy
rule as well?

In fact I either turn everything off, or go through all the prt policy
stuff now.

[Tue Dec 25 15:41:29 2012] [error] [client ::1] PHP Notice: Unknown:
Can't connect to localhost.localdomain,143: Permission denied (errflg=1)
in Unknown on line 0, referer:
http://localhost/mailadmin/create-mailbox.php?domain=test.htt-consult.com
[Tue Dec 25 15:41:29 2012] [error] [client ::1] PHP Notice: Unknown:
Can't connect to localhost.localdomain,143: Permission denied (errflg=2)
in Unknown on line 0, referer:
http://localhost/mailadmin/create-mailbox.php?domain=test.htt-consult.com

More of the same.

Meanwhile a couple of other interesting messages:

[Tue Dec 25 15:36:35 2012] [error] [client ::1] File does not exist:
/var/www/html/favicon.ico

that is over in /var/www/manual/images for some reason.

[Tue Dec 25 16:06:43 2012] [error] Exception KeyError:
KeyError(-1216608432,) in <module 'threading' from
'/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.pyc'> ignored

Which occurs in groupings of 8 times, so something important? is
triggering this, but it claims 'Ignored'; should I ignore it?