[CentOS] Experience with postfixadmin with mysql?

Wed Dec 26 18:13:04 UTC 2012

> On 12/26/2012 12:01 PM, me at tdiehl.org wrote:

>>> nothing in /var/log/messages.  Nothing in that directory updated at
>>> the time of the attempted add.  Where else do I look for logs used by
>>> postfixadmin and the other related apps?

>>> I did not find anything informative.  No logs that I saw being
>>> updated.  Thus the ask for help where to troubleshoot.
>>>
>>> I suspect that some common log that is not where I would think to
>>> look for was what I need to see.
>> Nope, no common log!! Just mysql, postfix, http. dovecot and
>> amavis-new logs.
>> Turn up logging. Most likely the answer is there. (hint none of what I
>> suggested logs to /var/log/messages). Keep in mind all pfa is, is a
>> web app.
>> When configured correctly, it knows how to talk to all of the associated
>> components but logging is still to the native logs of each of the
>> respective
>> components.
>>
>> When I am setting up a new instance of pfa I generally turn mysql,
>> dovecot
>> and amavisd-new logging up so that I can see any errors. Running
>> something like
>> tail -F /var/log{messages,maillog,mysqld.log,httpd/*,maillog} should
>> get you
>> enough information for you to be able to see what is going on.
> I think I found the smoking gun in /var/log/httpd/error_log:
>
> [Tue Dec 25 15:41:29 2012] [error] [client ::1] Could not log into
> IMAP/POP server: Can't connect to localhost.localdomain,143: Permission
> denied, referer:
> http://localhost/mailadmin/create-mailbox.php?domain=test.htt-consult.com
>
> Probably need a firewall rule for this port.  Probably an selinux policy
> rule as well?
>
> In fact I either turn everything off, or go through all the prt policy
> stuff now.

I added iptable rules for ports 25, 110, 143, 587, 993, 995, & 4190.  I
believe those are all the ports I am using for this (SMTP, IMAP, POP3, &
SEIVE).  Restarted and got the same errors.  Were do I find selinux
messages?

It might simply be password problems, with all the files that have
passwords buried in them...