[CentOS] my notes on bond, bridge, network, kvm, host and virtual so far

Tue Feb 14 05:06:38 UTC 2012
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

=======================================
*Gordon Messmer* wrote

On 02/07/2012 07:26 PM, Devin Reade wrote:
>/  I had a lot of problems with the network stack on VMs, both under
/>/  VMWare ESXi and Xen where the network would just go numb.  After a
/>/  lot of splunking I determined that it seemed to be related to
/>/  faulty TCP segment offload.
/
Yeah, wow.  You just jogged my memory.  Intel 82573(V/L/E) ethernet
adapters had a serious bug that would cause TX hangs:

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/9180/eng/README.txt
   "82573(V/L/E) TX Unit Hang Messages"

Bob, what model cards did you have in your server?

http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/2U/6026/SYS-6026T-NTR_.cfm

Intel® 82576 Dual-Port Gigabit Ethernet Controller (though I think this
is basically e1000)