[CentOS] ASP running on a Linux Machine

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Jan 4 08:11:49 UTC 2012

On 01/03/12 11:30 PM, Jonathan Vomacka wrote:
> I currently have a website that was written in ASP back in 1999. ......

even if you can get most of your site working under a ASP emulation, and
you can convert your data from MS SQL Server to mySQL, you'll need to
rework the SQL code in the VBasic sourrce of the ASP pagesas well as fix
other system dependencies.

If that site has been live 12 years, it sounds like you got your moneys
worth.  I would reimplement a new site using your choice of open source
web application technologies, whether its java & struts, or php & drupal
or python & django, ruby + rails, whatever.    import the existing data
bases into the new schema in postgresql or mysql or whatever.   much
better than hacking and repairing old vbasic code running on the wrong
environment.