[CentOS] local repositories

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 15:52:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> I need a clarification to the documentation.
>
> My manager added a 6.2 repo; however, when I try doing pxeboot installs,
> it fails, asserting that it can't find the group info. Another admin I
> work with thinks it's not really what it's failing in, and notes that it
> 404's on images/updates.img and images/product.img. We *think* that's
> irrelevant and ok.
>
> What is not clear to me is when we run createrepo, what directory you need
> to be in at the time you execute it.

I would expect the createrepo to be done from the DVD root path, but I could
be wrong on that point.

Did you include the -g option to point to the comps.xml to include the package
group info?

Why are you doing a createrepo there at all?  If you're adding your own
packages to the base, why not have it as a separate repo?

jh