[CentOS] CentOS 6 and screenshot of website

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 5 11:52:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012, Walter Haidinger wrote:

> Am 05.01.2012 09:19, schrieb Jani Ollikainen:
>> Yes, the need was for automated command line tool which I can use
>> without requiring any user interaction.
>
> Use option -id or -name of xwd(1) to specify the window, e.g:
> xwd -id 0xc000c5 | xwdtopnm | pnmtojpeg > win.jpg
>
> To find the id or name, parse the output of:
> xwininfo -root -children

But I think the bit that we both missed with his requirements is that he
ultimately wants to be able to do:

capture-website http://www.bbc.co.uk

and end up with a png of the website.

So he wants to be able to capture an image of what a website looks like from
the command line, and not really take a screenshot at all.

I think that's a fair summary anyway...

jh