[CentOS] sa-update error with perl

email builder emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 04:17:51 UTC 2012

>>>   Hmm, OK, prioritze CentOS repo over RepoForge then will yum update

>>>   figure out the rest?  I don't see any priority settings in my yum
> conf
>>>   files...
>>
>>  # yum list | grep priorities
>>  yum-priorities.noarch                      1.1.16-16.el5.centos
> installed
>>
>>  # cat /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf
>>  [main]
>>  enabled = 1
>>  check_obsoletes=1
>>
>>  Then add "priority=n" to the repos sections.
>>  n=1 for CentOS
>>  n=2 for repo 2
>>  etc...
>
> Ah, it's a separate package.  OK thanks for the info!
>
> But before I try that, I'm wondering, shouldn't it be easy
> from the error message to simply understand what package
> is creating the problem?
>
> It turns out it's not sa-update specifically doing this, but the
> restart of spamassassin itself:
>
> /etc/init.d/spamassassin condrestart
>
> Stopping spamd: [  OK  ]
> Starting spamd: Subroutine Net::DNS::Resolver::Base::AF_INET6 redefined at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Exporter.pm line 65.
>  at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Net/DNS/Resolver/Base.pm
> line 66
> [  OK  ]
>
> I've ensured that my spamassassin, perl-Net-DNS and
> per-IO-Socket-INET6 packages are all from the CentOS
> repo, so is it just a crap shoot to find what is causing
> this?  I'd expect the error message to be more helpful
> than that...
>
> Recap on my versions:
>
> perl-IO-Socket-INET6-2.51-2.fc6
> perl-Net-DNS-0.59-3.el5
> spamassassin-3.3.1-2.el5

In fact, it was suggested on the spamassassin list that version
0.59-3.el5 is vastly out of date and known to be buggy and,
contrary to the suggestion here of ensuring I prioritize CentOS
repos, I would be better served to get the newer version of
per-Net-DNS from the RepoForge (extras) repository.

Other thoughts (on this or my main question in my last email
above) would be greatly appreciated.