[CentOS] sa-update error with perl

email builder emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 18:50:16 UTC 2012

>>>  I don't know what is causing your specific issue ... whether you

>>> are
>>>  getting something newer in sa-update than is designed to work with
>>>  CentOS (sa-update bypasses the normal rpm type updates and does updates
>>>  from elsewhere).  It should only update rules, so maybe some of the new
>>>  rules require a new version of perl-Net-DNS.  If that is the case, then
>>>  a Red Hat bugzilla entry needs to be made.
>>
>>  See above - it's the spamassassin restart that causes the error, in
>>  the end, nothing really to do with sa-update.
>>
>>>  If it will not work with the CentOS version of perl-Net-DNS and if it
>>>  works with the rfx version, then obviously you would run that.  If that
>>>  is the case, we need to get the rhel one upgraded.
>>
>>  So maybe I *do* need to open a bug report?  Where do I do that?
>
> can you try to disable ipv6, then reboot and see if you still get the
> error message?

Sorry, it's a production machine, I'd rather not do that.  I can make small
changes but a reboot--   Beside, if this is the set of packages CentOS
gives me when I install something like spamassassin, it seems like
they should work no matter what.   But don't get me wrong, I really
appreciate your suggestion.