[CentOS] sa-update error with perl

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Jan 9 10:11:38 UTC 2012

On 01/08/2012 08:40 PM, email builder wrote:

>>>  Sorry, it's a production machine, I'd rather not do that.  I can
>>> make small
>>>  changes but a reboot--   Beside, if this is the set of packages CentOS
>>>  gives me when I install something like spamassassin, it seems like
>>>  they should work no matter what.   But don't get me wrong, I really
>>>  appreciate your suggestion.
>> It is not the CentOS packages causing your issues.  I told you already
>> that I have spamassassin running with these packages with no problems:
> Although I have the 32-bit packages which could be slightly different, no?
>
> That said, I would tend to think you're correct:
>
>> The issue you are having, based on the error that you posted, is that
>> something else is already providing the subroutine
>> "Net::DNS::Resolver::Base::AF_INET6" when it is trying to be loaded by
>> perl module provided by CentOS (perl-Net-DNS-0.59-3.el5.i386).  What we
>> do not know is what ELSE is providing that routine.
> It seems like it shouldn't be hard to grep for who the culprit is, but what
> do I know - doing this didn't turn up anything I could too easily decypher:
>
> cd /usr/lib/perl5
> grep -rin 'af_inet6' *
>
> I only got 40 lines of output from that so I could post them if needed.
> Grepping exactly for "sub af_inet6" gives me only one result:
>
> 5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/bits/socket.ph:66:    eval 'sub AF_INET6 () { &PF_INET6;}' unless defined(&AF_INET6);
>
> Are there modules that are placed somewhere other than
> /usr/lib/perl5 that could have the offending code?  Or is this
> a fruitless way to track down the problem?

perl-NetAddr-IP-4.044-1.el5.rf   <=== I think that is the problem package

I don't know if that version is required by the repoforge packages ... but base contains perl-NetAddr-IP-4.027-5.el5_6

I would see if I could replace perl-NetAddr-IP-4.044-1.el5.rf from repoforge with perl-NetAddr-IP-4.027-5.el5_6 from base.