[CentOS] missing email

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Jan 9 21:10:46 UTC 2012

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> [...]
<snip>

>>> I have seen few times when several replies came 2-3 hours before the
>>> original thread starter. I think Grey-listing could be responsible.
>>
>> Yeah, but grey-listing *outbound*?
>>
>> #include<indignant.h>
>> Or were you suggesting my email was grey-listed?
>
> I am officially confused. You said you were not *receiving* *any* mails
> from the list. So my assumption was inbound mail from mailing list to
> you. That is what happened to me.

Right. And I get my email from this list during the day via wegmail, and
my email is on hosting I pay for, not my ISP's server, and I don't have
filtering enabled in any way. (Great, now all the spammers reading this
list will offer me pills to enlarge and/or firm up some portion of my
anatomy or wallet....) Therefore, I don't understand where the greylisting
you're suggesting would occur, unless it's on the CentOS host.

        mark