[CentOS] USB install annoyances

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon Jan 9 21:30:24 UTC 2012

On 01/09/2012 10:13 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> John R Pierce wrote:
>> On 01/09/12 12:31 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>> Again, I*HATE*  dnsorbs.... This was bounced, which makes twice today.
>>> <snip>   more text, add a few more words, we'll see if this makes it.
>>
>> your email is being relayed through 66.147.249.253
>> (oproxy4-pub.bluehost.com) which appears on several spam lists, for
>> instance, sorbs says 100s of spams have been sent from that host in the
>> past interval.
>>
>> you want to use a spammer-friendly service as your mail server, expect
>> to be treated as a spammer and blocked by admins tired of the deluge..
>
> Let's go through this again - we did it months ago. My site is hosted by
> hostmonster, which also operates as bluehost. They are a *large* provider,
> with hundreds of thousands of domains, and the email from all of them go
> through their (few) email servers. Therefore, when 100 or so of them
> running WinBlows get their hosts infected, and they send out spam, and the
> hosting provider hasn't caught them yet, hundreds of thousands of the rest
> of us get hit with the same block.
>
> Who here is *not* using a work email? Who here posts from their own
> hosting site? Has this ever happened to you?

I own my own domain/server/subnet. My WISP customers can only send mail
via my server, with all the prevention's I could think of. I have never
been hit with this (but I do have small customer base), but I have had
regular domains (like one local Bank!!!) blocked to deliver to my server
because they do not have proper FQDN.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)