[CentOS] USB install annoyances

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Jan 9 21:42:09 UTC 2012

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 01/09/12 1:13 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Let's go through this again - we did it months ago. My site is hosted by
>> hostmonster, which also operates as bluehost. They are a*large*
>> provider,
>> with hundreds of thousands of domains, and the email from all of them go
>> through their (few) email servers. Therefore, when 100 or so of them
>> running WinBlows get their hosts infected, and they send out spam, and
>> the hosting provider hasn't caught them yet, hundreds of thousands of the
>> rest of us get hit with the same block.
>
> Thats a BS excuse.  gmail has MILLIONS more users than bluehost, yet
> doesn't seem to ever be used to relay spam.  Why?  they are proactive
> rather than reactive.  Bluehost is a cutrate provider who only reacts
> when forced, or this wouldn't keep recurring over and over again.

Ok, fine. Find me a hosting provider with similar rates - I don't have a
commercial site - and then get my money refunded that I've prepaid, and
the move of my stuff.

And I resent you suggesting that I chose them without doing due
dilligence, without getting a recommendations for hosting providers from
friends, some of whom have been online a *very* long time.

I should jump every time a provider falls behind? And no, I will NOT go to
gmail - when I use pop-3 and delete, I want it *GONE* forever off the
server.

       mark