[CentOS] vmware player CentOS 6 2-button 3-button touch pad with pointing device Lenovo ThinkPad

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:34:53 UTC 2012

On Monday 09 January 2012 23:36:53 Igor Furlan wrote:
> Is there a way to revert the 'copy&paste' functionality back to the
> traditional UNIX way of doing it,
> highlight the text with left mouse/touchpad button and paste it with
> the middle mouse/touchpad button.

AFAIK, it *should* work while in CentOS. I mean, when both the select and
paste operations are inside CentOS.

Selecting in Windows and pasting in CentOS (and vice versa) has to be done in
the Windows-style. I am yet to see a Windows machine configured to have the
"select" and "copy" operations merged into one, let alone "paste"-ing with the
middle mouse button... ;-)

> Any hint | solution | RTFM pointer | advice is more than welcome

Maybe take a look at gpm?

man gpm
yum info gpm

HTH, :-)