[CentOS] USB install annoyances (not OT)

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jan 10 17:47:32 UTC 2012

John Doe wrote:
> From: "m.roth at 5-cent.us" <m.roth at 5-cent.us>
>
>> I've retried again, and it still fails. I see that it's mounted
>> /dev/sda2, which is where I've got the contents of a DVD, as
/mnt/isolinux.

> Unless you specifically need the DVD contents, maybe try with
> the ISOs instead...

This doesn't vaguely answer my question. The install.img mounted the
partition, by itself, as /mnt/isolinux. That's what *IT* did. I thought I
had the partition as a clone of the dvd by mount -o loop and rsync.

But I've just rebuilt the USB key partition from the latest 2 DVDs we have
locally (I rsync'd Pagckages/. from the second one into the Packages
directory I made when I rsync'd the first DVD, so it should look like a
one-disk DVD. As soon as that finishes, I'll try another time....

Unless someone has the explicit answer to what is the image, or directory,
the install.img wants to mount to get the repo, please don't reply.

        mark