[CentOS] Centos 6.2 Postfix - forward through SMTP smarthost with SMTP-AUTH

Giles Coochey

giles at coochey.net
Tue Jan 10 22:54:40 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I have set up three servers in a development environment. Via CR they're
updated to Centos 6.2

It appears that these servers have postfix installed on them by default,
which unfortunately I'm not very well acquainted with.

All I want is a quick and dirty way to enable these hosts to send email
through my own SMTP host.

My (sendmail) SMTP host uses SMTP AUTH on a non-standard port and my dev
(virtual env) runs off my laptop, so a dynamic IP.

Does anyone have a quick and dirty configuration for setting up postfix
to forward all remote mail through my smarthost?

I'm guessing that I can put the hostname, the port, and the username and
password somewhere in the postfix configuration and it will just work...

Many Thanks in Advance,

Giles