[CentOS] Centos 6.2 Postfix - forward through SMTP smarthost with SMTP-AUTH

Mail Lists lists at Tatorz.com
Wed Jan 11 00:31:33 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 05:54 PM, Giles Coochey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have set up three servers in a development environment. Via CR
> they're updated to Centos 6.2
>
> It appears that these servers have postfix installed on them by
> default, which unfortunately I'm not very well acquainted with.
>
> All I want is a quick and dirty way to enable these hosts to send
> email through my own SMTP host.
>
> My (sendmail) SMTP host uses SMTP AUTH on a non-standard port and my
> dev (virtual env) runs off my laptop, so a dynamic IP.
>
> Does anyone have a quick and dirty configuration for setting up
> postfix to forward all remote mail through my smarthost?
>
> I'm guessing that I can put the hostname, the port, and the username
> and password somewhere in the postfix configuration and it will just
> work...
>
> Many Thanks in Advance,
>
> Giles

/etc/postfix

   Edit main.cf

# The relayhost parameter specifies the default host to send mail to
# when no entry is matched in the optional transport(5) table. When
# no relayhost is given, mail is routed directly to the destination.
#
# On an intranet, specify the organizational domain name. If your
# internal DNS uses no MX records, specify the name of the intranet
# gateway host instead.
#
# In the case of SMTP, specify a domain, host, host:port, [host]:port,
# [address] or [address]:port; the form [host] turns off MX lookups.
#
# If you're connected via UUCP, see also the default_transport parameter.
#
#relayhost = $mydomain
#relayhost = [gateway.my.domain]
#relayhost = uucphost
#relayhost = [an.ip.add.ress]

    I would recommend reading up on the configurations .

--

Brian ----- Get the latest Fremont, OH Weather
http://www.Fremont-OH-Weather.com