[CentOS] anyone doing automatic yum updates via yum-updatesd on production servers?

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 17:05:25 UTC 2012

From: P J <pauljflists at gmail.com>

> I've read that it's not recommended to automatically apply updates via
> yum-updated on production servers, but I keep encountering servers that
> have this enabled.

Some parameters/configurations/functionalities might
change/appear/disappear, depending on the type of
development (some projects are stable and other projects  just
do not care about backward compatibility).
If you do manual updates, you will notice that some configuration
files may change in the process (see the .rpmnew and .rpmsave)...
If your server is critical, you'd better test the updates on a non
critical server before.

JD