[CentOS] Mediatomb under CentOS-6

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 17:09:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> For example, I want to access a directory /Photos/ on my TV,
> but I've no idea how to add this to the sqlite database,
> if indeed one has to do this.
> I can access the local web-page at 192.168.2.2:50500
> but this does not help me.
>
> Are you actually running mediatomb under CentOS?

If you can't get mediatomb to work or just want to try some
alternatives, there is ps3mediaserver (which will work with some but
not all other devices):
https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list
and serviio:  (exceptionally good for Sony blu-ray players, but also
works with others)
http://www.serviio.org/download
with slightly different feature sets.  I've only used the mac versions
but they are both mostly java with local libs for transcoding so linux
should be very similar.  They both present a web service for
configuration and adding media locations.  I haven't looked at
mediatomb for a while - mostly because the last time I did, the others
had more features.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com