[CentOS] what to do about [abrt] full crash report kernel taint?

Thomas Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Tue Jan 17 19:49:39 UTC 2012

Are we sure this is the same problem?

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Peter Brady <pdbrady at ans.com.au> wrote:

>> When I follow that link, I get: "The resource you requested is
>> available exclusively to Red Hat customers with an active Red Hat or
>> JBoss subscription."
>>
>> Should I ignore it because it is a known bug that will soon be fixed?
>> Why all the secrecy?
>
> Can't help with the secrecy question but the relevant text from the
> linked document is copied below.  Looks like its already been removed
> from Fedora.
>
> Cheers
> -pete
>
> *** SNIPPED TEXT BELOW ***
>
> Environment
>
> -Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
> -kernel-2.6.32-220.2.1.el6
>
> Resolution
>
> -No action necessary.  Red Hat may remove the harmless WARN_ON_ONCE()
> call from the kernel in a future kernel errata.
>
> Root Cause
> -When a system encounters this issue it will only print the  warning once.
> -There are no adverse effects on a system that encounters this  warning.
> -This is resolved upstream by removing the WARN_ON_ONCE()  from sched().

This sounds like a harmless extraneous warning message. I get an email
sent to root, some stuff in the log, and then the system crashes. "No
adverse effects"?

So ... this does not help me understand what is wrong and what I am
supposed to do (apparently nothing?). What process did you go through
to find this answer? I appreciate you doing my work for me, but I'd
appreciate it even more if you gave me some hints how to figure this
out myself next time.

mahalo,
Dave