[CentOS] Transition to CentOS - RAID HELP!

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Wed Jan 18 02:47:34 UTC 2012

On 01/17/2012 01:30 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>       I've inherited an old RH7 system that I'd like to upgrade to
> CentOS6.1 by means of wiping it clean and doing a fresh install.
> However, the system has a software raid setup that I wish to keep
> untouched as it has data on that I must keep.

If you boot the CentOS installer, it should detect any existing RAID and
LVM volumes.  You'll be able to select individual filesystems to mount
in the new system, and optionally format them.  Assuming that your data
is on a volume of its own, you can select the "system" filesystems and
format only those.

You shouldn't have to manually recreate anything.