[CentOS] Transition to CentOS - RAID HELP!

Raymond Lillard ryl at sonic.net
Wed Jan 18 04:16:33 UTC 2012

Just make sure you have a verified backup
before you do anything  !!

If it's not backed up data, it's not important data.

I don't remember what version of the ext filesystem
was current during the RH7 days, but I would
seriously consider dumping the raid and reloading
in onto a newly formatted ext4 filesystem.

There may be good reasons (or bad ones) why you really
can't wipe everything and reload.  I'm just suggesting
you think long and hard about it.

Also, the hard drives in a system that old have got
be really tired.  Consider new drives.  In fact even
a low-end new system will seriously out perform a system
that old.  Even a pure softraid raid1 would do so and
be more reliable.

Good Luck