[CentOS] Transition to CentOS - RAID HELP!

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Jan 19 19:50:28 UTC 2012

On 1/17/2012 9:16 PM, Raymond Lillard wrote:
> Just make sure you have a verified backup
> before you do anything  !!
>
> If it's not backed up data, it's not important data.
     This particular system is actually a mirror of a production server,
a CentOS 5.7 (Final), which is also configured the same exact way as far
as the raid goes.  The data is already on a different machine.  The one
I'm going to be working on is the backup to the main server.  So, even
if I don't create a backup, it won't be a total loss as I just have to
mirror it from the main system again.  However, that being said, I do
plan on backing it up anyway, just to cover my ass.  In a moment of
stupidity, I could very easy reverse the rsync command and end up
deleting everything from the main server instead of mirroring it. :)

> I don't remember what version of the ext filesystem
> was current during the RH7 days, but I would
> seriously consider dumping the raid and reloading
> in onto a newly formatted ext4 filesystem.
     Agreed, but I'm also considering redoing the raid.  I still can't
come up with a good reason why it was created the way it was.  I'm sure
they had their reasons at the time.