[CentOS] Redundant DHCP server with mixed static nonstatic ips

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:56:28 UTC 2012

2012/1/19 Götz Reinicke <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de>:
> Hi,
>
> it's time to start our redundant dhcp server setup and I found some
> suggestions and tutorials.
>
> But all setups I found use either static or nonstatic ip adress management.
>
> For the static setup I'd setup two servers and copy the configfile from
> the 'master' to the secondary server and do a dhcpd restart.
>
> For the nonstatic I have to setup pool and failover peer configurations
> to have the lease information synced.
>
> My question:
>
> Can I mix both types of configuration? May be somewone has an example
> config for me? We use centos 6.2 and it would be dhcp 4.1.1.

'man dhcpd.conf'  should explain the concept - look for the
'Configuring Failover' section and specifically the 'include
"/etc/dhcpd.master";' directive.   Basically you put the common stuff
in an included file - which will include both the dynamic ranges and
the hardware static assignments and the including file just has the
(unique) failover/peer info.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com