[CentOS] (OT): Horde initial SQL setup

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Wed Jan 25 22:45:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012, Craig White wrote:

>On Jan 25, 2012, at 11:53 AM, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> I haven't been able to find anything useful on the horde sites,
>> and I haven't found anything useful with 'yum search'.

>> The options seem to be:
>>
>>   + Get SQL scripts to create the necessary databases.
>>
>>   + Find the appropriate SPRMs for the horde components to see how they
>>     take care of this in their %post installation processing.
>>
>>   + Uninstall the existing stuff using pear, and start from scratch after
>>     first creating the appropriate database.
>>
>>   + Give up and continue to use the older versions of horde components
>>     which do work.
>>
>> Suggestions, pointers to documentation, ???
>----

>you're going to have to make up your mind which you want to use, MySQL or
>PostgreSQL

While I much prefer PostgreSQL, I have been using MySQL with
horde as it looks like that's where there support is best.

>After that decision is made, you would simply create the databases using
>the client tools of either or if you are unfamiliar/uncomfortable using
>command line to create user/database/privileges for the database of choice,
>you probably just want to use something like webmin (can do either postgres
>or mysql), MySQL_Query_Browser (mysql) or PgAdmin3 (postgres)

I've been doing *nix systems since 1982 with Radio Shack Xenix so I'm fine
with the CLI tools.  I've also done a fair amount of DB work in python and
perl using their DBI modules.

What I haven't been able to find are the sql script files to do the initial
database creation that were present in older versions of horde, imp,
kronolith, turba, etc.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

Gold is money and nothing else -- JP Morgan, testifying to the
Pujo Committee, 1913.