[CentOS] Can anyone talk infrastructure with me?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Jan 26 07:05:04 UTC 2012

On 01/25/12 6:23 PM, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle wrote:
> Are you using Comcast in Santa Cruz?

absolutely not.the local cable system blows.   my home is on a sonic.net
ADSL circuit resold by another ISP.  television is on satellite.

in my personal opinion, the backblaze is a little too funky..   $job has
used the Sun X4500 'thumpers' but those are being obsoleted by Oracle
with no followon product,    I've evaluated a supermicro 847 box and was

I would not put this kind of storage that you're talking about in any
sort of residential environment.     I'd be far more likely to rent rack
space (and connectivity) from a local nethaus.  we have some folks
downtown who have rental rack space and office spaces in the same
building, with gigabit links, very attractive.