[CentOS] confidence in partitioning tool (6.2)

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Jan 30 15:41:39 UTC 2012

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 8:14 AM, Larry Martell <larry.martell at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I have a Windows 7 laptop that I want to make dual boot with CentOS
>> 6.2. My plan was to use the Windows Disk Management tool to partition
>> the disk, but I do not have the needed admin rights on the box to use
>> that. Has anyone used the partitioning tool that comes with 6.2 to do
<snip>

Two things: on the one hand, you're familiar with the std. instructions to
use Windows' defragger before you resize the partitions, correct?

On the other... if you don't have admin rights, are you sure you,
personally, won't get into trouble (I'm assuming this is a work machine)
for doing this, and, for that matter, that when desktop support checks
conformance to organization policy, that they won't ghost it back to what
it was?

        mark, wondering if he's still graylisted