[CentOS] One of my servers wont boot today

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon Jan 30 19:28:40 UTC 2012

On 01/30/2012 07:28 PM, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle wrote:

>>> I am not familiar with that and 'man lvdisplay' does not show it as an option. Google for that turns up more results. Is it used with e2fsck, I dont see it there either.
>>
>> It's an option for most LVM commands. Do a "man lvdisplay" and look in the
>> SYNOPSIS section. Apparently most options lvdisplay understands aren't
>> actually listed in the OPTIONS section.
>
> Thanks.
>
> It does list out the volume information, what else should it do?

what does lvm lvscan says, are they active? if not, run "vgchange -a y
VolGroup-1" to activate them (temporary only, while using that
DVD/LiveDVD). it should activate that Volume Group and all Logical
Volumes in it. Now you can scan it wit fsck

Then you may need to mount it in some created folder (mkdir -p
/sysimage/LogVol00; mount /dev/VolGroup-1/LogVol00 /sysimage/LogVol00).

Check if your system had any updates (kernel in particular) between
reboots. Maybe something gone bad.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)