[CentOS] GUI login issues over NFS

Michael Weiner hunter at userfriendly.net
Tue Jan 31 20:10:15 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org> wrote:
> no other idea for the moment.

Tru -

I think i *MAY* have this figured out. When you do 'ibrix_fs -i' is
compatibility set to no? If so, are you a 64-bit client only shop? I
am wondering if our having the 64-bit mode set is causing the
problems.

[root at lri-brix01 temp]# ibrix_fs -i
FileSystem: ibrix
=================
Total Segments                :  24
STATE                         :  Mounted
Mirrored?                     :  No
Compatible?                   :  No

My test, was to build a duplicate workstation as a 64-bit CentOS and
configure it the same as the 32-bit CentOS workstation. And low and
behold, i was ABLE  to log in to a mounted $HOME directory from the
ibrix system using NIS authentication. And i noticed that the
compatibility is set to no, so its a 64-bit enabled filesystem.

Thanks again
Michael