[CentOS] New /boot/message file?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sun Jul 15 19:20:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012, Reindl Harald wrote:

*snip*

> you really think you are better writing grub.conf manually
> than grubby will do? if there are issues with a newer
> kernel then boot with the old one, that is why the previous
> does not get removed on updates
>
> how will you ever notice problems with a new kernel before
> it was loaded and how should it be loaded before a grub-entry
> is made?

Some good points there Reindl.

I update my box once a week now.

Usually if there are any kernel issues they are made know
in a reasonable time. If I don't hear of any then I know
it's safe for me to move to the latest kernel release.

So basically I'm playing safe by letting others find any
issues, and waiting until that's been addressed with another
kernel release before I move onto the latest kernel.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net