[CentOS] size of netinst iso

Tue Jul 3 19:19:43 UTC 2012
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de>

On 07/03/2012 10:14 AM, Johan Jonkers wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was wanting to set up a centos 6 virtual machine using the netinst iso
> image. I've done this for Centos 5 before but I was surprised to see
> that the size of the netinst iso had gone from +/- 10Mb to 227Mb. I was
> therefore wondering if I had the right file? If so, why did it get 22x
> bigger then the previous version?

The difference ist that the second installer stage has been included in the
iso. As a result you only need this iso to boot into rescue mode.
With the old Centos 5 iso you could boot it but in order to do anything you
had to first have to connect to a mirror to get the second installer stage.

Regards,
  Dennis