[CentOS] size of netinst iso

Tue Jul 17 09:38:36 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 07/03/2012 03:14 AM, Johan Jonkers wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was wanting to set up a centos 6 virtual machine using the netinst iso
> image. I've done this for Centos 5 before but I was surprised to see
> that the size of the netinst iso had gone from +/- 10Mb to 227Mb. I was
> therefore wondering if I had the right file? If so, why did it get 22x
> bigger then the previous version?

Also, when comparing MAJOR versions of CentOS (that is 5.x to 6.x)
please remember that there is a fairly major time difference between
these releases when compared to other non-enterprise Linux versions.
Doing 5.x to 6.x is like comparing Fedora 6 to Fedora 12.  That is a
fairly big jump in technology.