[CentOS] Can someone help with SpamBayes problem?

Thu Jul 26 10:53:50 UTC 2012
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

Hello Fred,

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 15:10 -0400, fred smith wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 02:05:05PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> > All I can suggest then is tar -tvfz file.tar.gz > filelist, then feed that
> > to find and exec rm {} \;
>
> yeah, I'm working on that. but it doesn't appear to be quite that
> simple. :(
>
> The setup.py proggie appears to do a bunch futzing around with
> creating/modifying files before squirreling them away in various places.

Which is why package managers like rpm were invented. You could try
using the spambayes package from Fedora EPEL
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL), either in binary form, or in case
you build from SRPM you can even upgrade the tarball version and build a
more recent version.

Or you could stick with spamassassin that comes with CentOS by default
and get it to work: http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BayesFaq

Regards,
Leonard.