[CentOS] Can someone help with SpamBayes problem?

Thu Jul 26 16:59:34 UTC 2012
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:53:50PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hello Fred,
>
> On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 15:10 -0400, fred smith wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 02:05:05PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> > > All I can suggest then is tar -tvfz file.tar.gz > filelist, then feed that
> > > to find and exec rm {} \;
> >
> > yeah, I'm working on that. but it doesn't appear to be quite that
> > simple. :(
> >
> > The setup.py proggie appears to do a bunch futzing around with
> > creating/modifying files before squirreling them away in various places.
>
> Which is why package managers like rpm were invented. You could try
> using the spambayes package from Fedora EPEL
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL), either in binary form, or in case
> you build from SRPM you can even upgrade the tarball version and build a
> more recent version.

Hmm... I didn't realize that EPEL offered spambayes. I'll keep that
in mind for the next time I rebuild that system.

per my later emails, I did resolve the problem, so it's not urgent
anymore.

thanks for the suggestion, though.

Fred

--