[CentOS] reinventing the wheel? page checker

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Fri Jun 22 13:50:32 UTC 2012

Bob Hoffman wrote:
> On 6/21/2012 12:44 PM, Keith Roberts wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jun 2012, Bob Hoffman wrote:
>>> From: Bob Hoffman<bob at bobhoffman.com>
>>>
>>> Not sure if there is an app like this yet.
>>> I want to keep tabs on my web applications and thought of using a 'page
>>> checker'/
>> *snip*
>>
>>> Anything out there like that?
>> http://www.changedetection.com/
<snip>
As I said originally, you might want to check out rkhunter. It'll check
your system for rootkits, and once configured - which isn't a big deal,
just a configuration file - will complain when run if something's changed.
You can tell it to look at your web pages.

Another thing to consider (and I really, really don't enjoy suggesting
it), is selinux. Turn it on to at least permissive, and it'll bitch and
moan if something's changed. Turn it to enforcing, and *nothing* will be
allowed to be changed. It is, however, a royal pain to configure, esp.
when you want to be able to allow a directory for users to put pics.

       mark