[CentOS] t-bird, followup

Jake Shipton jakems at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 13 15:56:13 UTC 2012

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 11:14:30 -0400
m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Well, I updated my system late last week, and just thought to look:
> yes, I'm on t-bird 10.0.1, and I pull up the search messages window,
> and click on the dropdown... and there is NO OPTION to search the
> content of the messages.
>
> Maybe kmail, or maybe mutt....
>
>        mark

If you are thinking of switching, I switched to Claws-Mail a while back
due to Thunderbird being a ____, I really like Claws now :-). It has
that "Old School" feel to it... and it can search bodies :-D. (Right
click folder, search folder)

Once you get it set up and configured (this may take a while for
some..) it is a powerful client.

So yeah, if you get bored with Thunderbird, check out claws (I believe
it installed from EPEL repo.)

Anyhow, as for Thunderbird's search, I believe there was either an
addon for more advanced search, or it was hidden away in a menu
somewhere. Try right-clicking a folder and hitting search, I think it
is there aswell.

Just my 2c.

--
Jake Shipton (JakeMS)