[CentOS] t-bird, followup

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Mar 13 17:01:10 UTC 2012

On 03/13/2012 10:14 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Well, I updated my system late last week, and just thought to look: yes,
> I'm on t-bird 10.0.1, and I pull up the search messages window, and click
> on the dropdown... and there is NO OPTION to search the content of the
> messages.
>
> Maybe kmail, or maybe mutt....

I am not sure what you mean.

In thunderbird, Shift-Ctrl-K allows you to set a filter for messages ...
it allows you to filter on Sender, Recipient, Subject, or Body

If you press Shift-Ctrl-F you can search messages and there is a
dropdown box for searching that has more than 20 things you can search
including body.

Body == message content    (it is everything that is not headers and
attachments)

I have never seen a client that is as easy to search from ... not sure
what the issue is.  The main reason I use thunderbird is because of the
unbelievable search features and indexes.