[CentOS] network problems

Fri Mar 2 21:19:54 UTC 2012

Nataraj wrote:
> On 03/01/2012 08:15 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> We just moved a user, who deals with a *lot* of data, to a new server,
since his old NFS home directory was on a disk that had started showing
problems.

>> Now, i/o is about six times slower, my manager reports.
<snip>
Ok, more info: at this point, it seems obvious that it's an NFSv4 problem,
not a network problem: I've created /scratch/foo, exported it, and mounted
it on the same machine at /mnt/foo. I then cd to that directory, and
unpack a large file which is located in a user's home directory which is
NFSv4 mounted. In a native directory, takes about a minute; when I cd to
/mnt/foo and do it, it takes about 6.5 min. I've tried setting wsize and
rsize to 1M; I've tried noatime, which someone in a post said helped, and
nothing I do makes more than a second or two's difference.

Clues for the poor?

         mark