[CentOS] Dovecot GUI

Mon Mar 5 16:08:37 UTC 2012
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Peter Peltonen wrote:

>> If I understood the  question, he wants his imap clients to be able to
>> create folders at the same level as the inbox, not under it.

Yes, that was my question.

>> Which is
>> probably a server-side storage or namespace option.

> What I have on my Dovecot server config is:
>
> namespace {
>   inbox = yes
>   location =
>   prefix =
>   separator = .
>   type = private
> }
>
> OP has probably "prefix = INBOX." which forces all client apps to
> create subfolders underneath/within the inbox instead of adjacent to
> it.

Thanks very much for your response.
It seems to me very likely that the problem does lie here.

However, I am running CentOS-6.2,
and now /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf does not seem to contain
any reference to namespace, as it did in CentOS-5.

There is now a directory /etc/dovecot/conf.d ,
and the only mentions of namespace are in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf .

The section on namespaces is commented out by default,
and I have left it like this.
I must admit I do not understand the relevant section.
If I remove the commented advice, it reads:
------------------------------------
#namespace {
  #type = private
  #separator =
  #prefix =
  #location =
  #inbox = no
  #hidden = no
  #list = yes
  #subscriptions = yes
#}
------------------------------------
Following your advice, I've changed this to
------------------------------------
namespace {
  type = private
  separator =
  prefix =
  location =
  inbox = yes
  hidden = no
  list = yes
  subscriptions = yes
}
and run "sudo service dovecot restart" on my server.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have had any effect;
KMail is still unable to add a top-level folder.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net