[CentOS] Dovecot GUI

Mon Mar 5 16:54:00 UTC 2012
Peter Peltonen <peter.peltonen at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> However, I am running CentOS-6.2,
> and now /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf does not seem to contain
> any reference to namespace, as it did in CentOS-5.
>
> There is now a directory /etc/dovecot/conf.d ,
> and the only mentions of namespace are in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf .

I have a bit exotic Dovecot setup myself, but this is what I've done:

1. I have not touched the files in conf.d

2. In dovecot.conf I just have:

!include_try local.conf

3. And in local.conf I have defined:

- auth_cache_size
- auth_verbose
- disable_plaintext_auth
- auth_mechanisms
- auth_username_format
- first_valid_uid
- log_path
- login_greeting
- namespace
- passdb
- plugin/quota
- plugin/quota
- protocols
- protocol imap
- service imap-login
- ssl_cert
- ssl_key
- userdb

You could try a similar setup? I am using also qmail+vpopmail so you
probably do not need to define all the things I have defined.

If you cannot get it working I would recommend joining the Dovecot
mailing list where you certainly will find answers to all your
questions as the developers of the software are there.

Best,
Peter